Is there anything better than curling up with a nice chai latte? The cinnamon is so warming, soothing and calming. It literally feels like love when you drink it. It’s amazing. So of course, we had to get a recipe, using the Asobu bottles, for some TLC Chai Latte. Above all, using the Asobu bottle allows you to bring this cup of hot love anywhere you go!
Chai Lattes are super easy to make. Even if you don’t have a milk frother, you can still make this recipe and share in on the feels. Get yourself a small saucepan, and pour some water inside and add the spices. You’ll want to bring that to a boil and then turn it off. Let the spices soak in the hot water until it steeps, which takes about 5 minutes. Then, bring it back to a boil and add the black tea bags and maple syrup. Once again, turn the stove off and drain the tea through a sieve and let that sit while you make the broth.
Using the same saucepan, pour in the milk and the cinnamon, maple syrup and cinnamon together and let that reach a boiling point. Turn it off and using a hand blender, blend until you get a nice froth on top of the milk. Then, simply pour the water in your favorite Asobu bottle, top it off with the frothed milk and then dust on a little cinnamon to make it pretty. Bonne Appetit!
2 Black Tea Bags
½ Cup Chai Tea
½ tsp Ginger
3 TBSP Maple Syrup
½ tsp All Spice
2 tsp Cinnamon + 1 tsp for garnish
2 Cloves, crushed
½ tsp Nutmeg
1 Cup Coconut Milk
2 Cups Water
- In a medium size saucepan, let the water and spices to boil. Once the water boils, turn off the heat and allow the spices to steep in the water for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat back on after 5 minutes and add the Black Tea Bags and the Maple Syrup into the water and let it boil once again. Once it hits boiling point, turn it off and remove the black tea bags from the water. Run the tea through a sieve in order to remove the spices. Set aside.
- Using the same saucepan, whisk the coconut milk, maple syrup and cinnamon until boiling. Whisk constantly to avoid sticking to the bottom. Remove from heat once it hits boiling point.
- Using a hand blender, froth the coconut milk until a foam is formed at the top.
- To assemble: pour in the steeped water, top with milk froth and garnish with a dash of cinnamon.